11-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #14
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbai View Post
I'm not questioning your information because I'm a noob around here, it does further add to my confusion however. First I know my car is a hifi model, because thats what the build sheet says on bmw vin checkers online. I also know I have under seat subs, and amp, but no center channel on the dashboard.

Conventional wisdom on the boards say that the alarm was no longer pre-wired on cars that were made after 03/09... I assume, that is the case on my car. Since it was built in may (05/09)...

However you now say that part of that 'change' in 03/09 was no rear tweeters. I believe you, however I popped off my cover rear speaker cover today and staring me in the face was a separate tweeter next to the 4" speaker.

Now you're making me wonder if my car may have indeed been somehow pre-wired for an alarm despite build date of 05/09... (I haven't checked, nor do I know how to check if its pre-wired other than just looking at the build date up to now)

PS--- now I'm starting to wonder if i'm mixing up markets here as you guys are all in the UK and are perhaps spec'd differently than our cars here in the US.

^^^Both of your know why there is some difference in cars / specs...