01-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #20
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciomas View Post
honestly cant remember how much I paid. I got it though a friend who was sponsored by Ohlins so it was a really god deal. Prior to deciding on the kit Kevin Bird has taken me around in his 335 twice and I cant say there was anything wrong with the Bilsteins. However I always considered Ohlins to be at least one class higher. Mine has been driven all over the Alps, at the ring and on UK roads and its a great piece of kit (otherwise I would have changed it by now;] ). One thing I would opt for before buying is slightly harder springs than standard. Ohlins will supply whichever rate you want free of charge.

I think its between Birds and Ohlins. I would not consider the other two
Had a slight chang of circumstances. I sold my 320D and the ACS springs and have now got an E92 335D

So is the Öhlins kit worth the premium over the Birds kit? Would you advise to only buy them direct from Öhlins or are internet retailers ok, in terms of after care support? Also, the Birds kit markets itself as being designed for UK roads, how does the Öhlins deal with this? And finally, how does the Öhlins kit compare to BC BR coilovers which are a lot cheaper?

Many thanks
Appreciate 0