05-28-2017, 12:23 PM   #21
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtermproject View Post
I disagree. I have had the PBX on my car a lot longer than I have been on the forums.

The throttle remap made the car feel like it should have felt from the factory. No need to mash the throttle to get moving. On the autocross course, my car had to downshift less (automatic) and quickened overall from before the install. Sure this could have been a seat time thing, but considering I've owned 30 cars before this one, I feel as if the PBX does what it does well.

Sure a tune is going to be all around better, but not everyone wants to drop the extra money when they are not going to run their cars hard all the time. All I am claiming is that the PBX remaps the throttle, so if that is what someone wants, I believe this is the cheapest method we have available right?
If you want it to be a better DD, why wouldn't you want tune that gives you more low-end torque negating you having to floor it all the way and wasting more fuel? That's why the PBX is a waste of money.
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/DD CF Diffuser, M3 Rep Skirts, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS, Eisenmann catback, AA Headers, BPC Stage 2, Charcoal Delete+revMotor+AFE Drop In filter
FUTURE MODS: LED headlights, CF rooftop, M3 Suspension Conversion, Dinan CAI Mod
Appreciate 0