View Single Post
      05-31-2006, 10:44 PM   #29
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325er
Ward I typically agree with a lot of your posts but not this time. First of all this topic has been covered adnauseum so...yawn!!!! Let me just say this; For some reason a LOT of posters on this forum have very unrealistic views about speed and what is considered fast etc. It is as though there is a total lack of knowledge about the industry and general standards. Or perhaps it is naivete. I have been reading about and following the automotive industry for years and in MY view the following ranges are resonably accurate. I apologize in advance if someone disagrees but I assure you I am being pretty darn objective with NO agenda.

0-60mph Ranges
10+ seconds - Lethargic
9 - 10 seconds - Adequate
8 - 8.9 seconds - Peppy
7 - 7.9 seconds - Quick
6 - 6.9 seconds - Fast
5- 5.9 seconds - Very Fast
Less than 5 seconds is EXOTIC territory

I am sure that there will be plenty of debate about this, but anybody who has read automotive magazines over the past twenty years will probably agree with the above save for some minor variations. I suspect most of the debate will come from the younger guys on this site that seem to believe that if a car accelerates slower than a Viper then it is slow.

Ward talked about a 911 and a Vette. Hey Ward these are exotics bud. You could argue that the Vette isn't but by American car standards it is. A 350Z is not an exotic, it is a very fast (see above) car with great looks at a hell of a price point. A great value. I have met young guys that drive Civics with loud exhausts that think their cars accelerate like exotics. They don't. These guys simply have a distorted inaccurate view of reality.

A BMW 330 accelerates in a range considered Fast and the 325 Quick. May I ask what more could be expected from an entry level sports sedan? Stop trying to make these vehicles something they are not, accept them for what they are and just be realistic. I don't expect my quick sports sedan to outrun a very fast Nissan sports car. GEEEEEZ

I'm pretty much on board with you here, I just like to get all worked up when people are all positive on some mediocre car (350Z)

I mean the 350Z's not even fast for the money...
(can you tell I wouldn't be caught dead in one???):rocks:
Appreciate 0