View Single Post
      10-22-2010, 01:08 AM   #1
allmotorh22
making his own parts.
Rep
Drives: Naturally Aspirated

why such a hard-on for the 330 manifold?

Hello, "newb" here

Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents (and years of drag racing experience), with regard to creating power for the E90.

I just don't get why everyones so hard up on the 3-stage intake manifold... butterfly valves are nothing new to production cars and in most cases are a nuisance when it comes to making peak HP. (*good for mid range)

I just think that the 325i would be better served by bolting on a larger throttle body, as the one seen here:
http://www.dinancars.com/store/produ...cat=411&page=1

Unfortunately, I believe the biggest difference between the two engines (330vs325) may just be the cams... And the biggest tragedy with the E90 is the lack of accessibility to the computer's tuning program...

Why has no one found out how to flash the computer to get a 325i to run a turbo yet?! Ultimately what that means is that no one has the ability to drastically change the fuel maps to supply adequate fuel to the engine (even in a race environment?)...

Ah well, just had to get that out of my system, because as a new owner of a 325i, I'm utterly disappointed with the limiting factor of this car when creating power happens to be the most critical factor (tuning the computer).

cheers
Appreciate 0