Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon1 View Post
Yeah that's the front radar I was talking about. I haven't seen one on here for a while. There was a guy on the Gold Coast that was offering his whole system for sale back in 2016 and then someone revived that that thread again back in 2018 and again in 2019 but the original sellers seems to have disappeared and moved on and isn't here anymore as he never answered anyone's messages.

These radar sensors are a PITA to find one for a decent price and are a pretty rare option here in Aus on the E9X's. Brand new from BMW here in Aus, your looking at approx $6K and from Europe your looking at approx 2.5K Euro's. I rang a heap of wreckers all over the country and couldn't find any second hand one's here in Aus. In the US and Europe, they go anywhere from 400 Euro's up to US$1.5K, and then there's the currency conversion on top.

I was so lucky and found one on the German ebay Classifieds site www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de for only 240 Euro's and it came with the mounting brackets and adjustment screws and nuts included. An absolute bargain. With conversion and shipping, its costing me about AU$565.

The rest of the parts are relatively cheap compared. The new grill is AU$100, sensor trim AU$50, wiring harness AU$40, LDM AU$45 and steering column stalk AU$210. Then it's just all the retrofit install and programming (hopefully I don't brick anything that could cost me a lot more ).
Yes I agree is super hard to find second hand sensors, better chance of meeting a unicorn driving a golf R hahaha
I was never sure if the ACC worked as described or were a bit of a gimmick, but clearly work just fine from what you guy describe.
Looks like a pretty good value mod all up, given the whole set up will cost you under $1000

Take lots of pics of the project, install and coding. I am sure a DIY on the ACC would be a great help to the community

Good luck mate
Appreciate 0