11-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #7
335xi_zer0
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 2007 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by newa335 View Post
OP, I received my IC this past Friday from Helix as a part of their Fall Group Buy.

Like you, my hose (elbow) seems to be longer too. I noticed it after installation. I think I will have to cut mine because the charge pipe that connects to the elbow is sitting about 1" 1/2 to 2" higher than the rubber gromet it is supposed to be resting on... It is bothering me because the charge pipe is not secured by the gromet and it rocks back and forth under load. I dont want it coming in contact with the pulley which is only few inches away.

My IC sits about 1/4" below the bumper as well. It does not sit flush against the radiator. A plastic fin on the bottom part of the bumper seems to be the culprit causing the IC to slightly tilt forward. This member had to do some minor grinding to get it to fit perfectly with no air gaps <http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97209&highlight=Helix+bumper>

As far as the star bolts are concerned, the one on the passenger side did not line up for me either. I used my jack to lift the IC to line up on the passenger side, put the star bolt and made couple of turns by hand and then alingned the driver side and bolted both of them.

I'm not happy with the way it is sitting right now so I might take the bumper off, grind the plastic fin and cut the extra length from the elbow hose.
Thanks for your info! I'm going to cut the elbow a bit more. I already trimmed about 1/4" I'll probably cut anywhere from another 1/4" to 1/2". The elbow itself was squished pretty badly and there's no way it would perform well enough.

I'll have to take a look at the star bolts tonight too. I'm a bit anal about installs myself. If it's not perfect, something's wrong.

Also just found out I have an oil leak somewhere. Good luck with your install!

Thanks for all the help everyone, much appreciated.