View Single Post
      01-05-2013, 04:41 AM   #83
imygaf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Singh View Post
You could run them from the factory radio which would be an improvement but not in terms of overall output compared to front stage being externally amplified. Option would be to add an additional small 2 channel or 6 channel.

Gladen 2ch, M-LINE 60.2 (option for just powering rear fill)
Gladen 6ch, XS 75c6 (run front and rears @ 70wrms and under seat subs @ 100wrms)
Mosconi 2ch, GLADEN ONE 120.2 (option to run just under seat subs) & GLADEN ONE 120.4 (for front doors and rearfill)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanS100 View Post
So if I get mine coded for HiFi I'll get a nice clean signal at the front & ornaments for rear speakers, I'm nott sure I like that. Can the HU output more power to just the two rear channels or would I have to go down the route of amping the rears too?

It was much easier in the days of DIN radios & big holes for speakers
This is also concerning me. I thought i had my setup all planned out but it just seems to keep getting more complicated. I originally planned on the alpine upgrade but stretched my budget to the gladen setup (subs, components and amp).

Then i need to pay for hifi coding to stop the loud gongs but rears will be useless. So should i change my setup again? How would the standard rear speakers sound running off an amp?

Im thinking that if i go for gladen subs amd comp. package without the amp, the money i save on that, additional rear amp and hifi coding would just about pay for gladen 6ch or jl xd600/6. Does the gladen 6ch have DSP?

I take it that if i use one of these amps i wont need hifi coding amd that it would sort the loud gongs? This is getting more and more expensive very quickly lol. Or should i just go for gladen package i had planned and be happy wih it?

Will it be that bad with rear speakers running from hifi hu?

Last edited by imygaf; 01-05-2013 at 04:47 AM..
Appreciate 0