View Single Post
      04-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Choices for a hardtop vert?

So... after not having my E93 M3 anymore since fall of last year, and the 2011 Z4's 24 month lease coming to an end very soon.... it's time to pick out something else...

Any ideas?
Has to be a convertible, hardtop vert highly preferred, performance/sports car, lease only, track-able stock (except pads and wheel/tires obviously).
I've never kept any car for longer than 24 months and I have no plans of changing that anytime soon, so lease is the best option (plus, complete w/o).

I looked at the new Boxster..love the design, but the car isn't worth a 30% higher lease payment + less options
(loaded Z4 vs a PDK/heated seat only Boxster have a difference of 30% in their lease payments from what I've been offered by dealers).

Plus the boxster is a soft top...so while it does drive better than the Z4, it doesn't drive 30% better, and the soft top part really kills it

Then we have the SLK, which I haven't had a chance to drive yet, but I'm not a huge fan of the looks. Performance numbers aren't so stellar either. Payment is about 10% more than the Z4, so no issue there if the car was indeed better...

My only setback on the Z4 is that... if I get another one, it'll be my 3rd Z4 (I had a 2009, current is a 2011, so new one would be a 2013/14).

if I get another E93 M3, it'll be my second M3... but I really want a 2 seater/roadster as I already have an E350 that is used as my comfy DD with trunk space etc.

Any help appreciated..

For those that may be interested, these sort of look like cars I may have owned

2009 e93 335

2009 Z4:

E93 M3

E89 Z4

Appreciate 0