View Single Post
      09-07-2012, 03:14 AM   #10
gpthomas
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 640d M Sport

Dear spirocheter
I am concerned to read of your frustration and disappointment with your recent visit to Rybrook Shrewsbury, as the Dealer Principal of the business I take customer satisfaction very seriously, and like to keep up with the comments that are posted on our website and the internet. On occasion I like to respond to assure customers of our commitment.

By offering you the “maintenance check” we do so with the best intentions in mind. With service intervals being up to 20,000 miles or two years we find that routine maintenance is not being noticed by customer, and visits into the dealership are less frequent. The downside of this is essential work is missed and costs mount up when scheduled services are due. This is especially a concern for customers when their warranty is coming to the end and I think you were right to check the vehicle condition in addition to the MOT.

In terms of your battery drain, the explanation of frequent short journeys is correct in that your battery does not get an opportunity to be fully recharged. The battery drain may not be down to this, or even an external device plugged into the car as suggested. It could be a module that is not switching off, damage to the battery or even a wiring fault. I would suggest that if you feel it is continuing to drain that we explore this further.
With reference to your concern over the maintenance check I accept your comments about providing something “tangible” that customers can take away and read. By the time you have read this post you will have received a Tyre Report and Brake Report that I have arranged to be sent to you (subject to the post arriving). Based on your feedback we are exploring a “customer friendly checklist” that could be provided to customers who invest in maintenance checks in future.

In conclusion I was pleased to read that you recognise our flexibility in fitting you in for an appointment, and our pricing competiveness by offering you the discounted MOT of £30. I also should note that we are one of a few BMW dealers who offer our facilities through www.maindealerdiscount.co.uk , I feel this further demonstrates our commitment to all BMW drivers. As a biased BMW Dealer Principal I suppose the only area where I am likely to disagree is the charge of £35 for my BMW Qualified technician’s time, and therefore I would want to you to feel like it is money well spent. However your comments have been taken very positively by the team, we have an opportunity to change, and I apologise for you feeling disappointed with our service.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the dealership.
Appreciate 0