04-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #89
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkr335 View Post
Dude i totally bought it. I figured they had the N55 fixed because the N54 has so many obviously bogus issues with fueling, ignition, cooling....sigh...the list goes on =) I was truly shocked to hear he limped the F30 so quickly...

There are 2 straights and one super long sweeping turn (turn 4) that is almost as fast as a straight. I was hitting the top of 3rd on both straights - right around 95/100 and almost 6k (close to 80 probably, although I couldnt look...car was loaded like crazy obviously) in turn 4.

Those who stayed for monday (Art!) got to do the main summit track - I heard 135+ on that straight, although it rained all day and never topped 40 degrees. That wouldve scared teh shit out of me to be honest lol.

Charles how have you found your v12s to perform in wet? I had understeer that was borderline unacceptable - Jeff's Toyos had probably 50% more grip in the wet and I cant figure out why. Another guy who was there with an E46 330ci was saying the same thing about the hankooks.

Dry handling was stupidly good though. So confused!

Here's something unrelated - a guy was there with a 458 Italia that he bought from Algar. Recaro seats and a harness bar. He tracked it all last summer. We were drooling over it all weekend (we parked right behind him) and he seems like a very capable driver (green group). My instructor was texting Jeff today and said that on Monday he looped off and backed the 458 into a wall. Took off the rear cover and broke some lights - they figured $50k in damage. Backing in a 458 is at the same time totally cringe-worthy and totally baller. Bling!
Yes, the same guy with the 458 was at NJMP event last year. He was in my run group, his daughter was running in the beginner group with Steve. If you look at his avatar, you'll see the red 458 in front of him
He's a really cool guy too. I ran a 430 for a few years. He let me sit in the 458 last year with the Recaro's. I did NOT want to get out.
Shame that he looped it. At least he's out there enjoying the car!
Appreciate 0