View Single Post
      12-12-2010, 10:05 PM   #14
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

The JB3 is at a lower price point and delivers. But the PROcede added several features (built in code reading, dpfix, and boost gauge for example) and drove differently which some users valued and switched.
Correct. The JB3 produces similar peak power, no matter how unstable boost is/was to reach it. It appears JB4 has a new way to control boost, which is not only good, but a necessity.

Vishnu also provided a ~30% discount to encourage them to switch so it was really a win/win for everyone. Customer got a nice discount for getting to run both tunes. Also I still get PROcede customers coming back to the JB3 as apparently certain things are unresolved and not everyone has the same positive experiences with it.

I assume you're mostly talking about people with 6AT misfires? If so, the people likely did not attempt to contact Vishnu for support...as a simple specific update could resolve their issue. Remember, this is a completely treatable issue.

Anyway the JB4 really changes things. Having driven one for a few weeks now I can say it's really something and the value is huge with everything built in and unlocked.

Great!

On top of that I hope to put together an intro beta GB once it clears alpha testing. Some will continue to hate as they have since the JB1 days but the JB4 will be a force to be reckoned with. You'll see.

You mean it will be actually be controlling things properly now? (besides timing) We won't see any of those horrible boost curves or dynos anymore?

Again, great to hear BMS is catching up... just think the JB3 2.0 does not do things the way it needs to.

Mike[/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0