View Single Post
      01-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #1081
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Just to clarify what "coding" thru NCS Expert means, as it seems to me that the word is being used loosely in this thread: there's coding and there is programming/firmware update.

Other than a few value changes in specific modules, coding here is just turning existing features in a module on/off and nothing else.

The fundamental algorithm of the module -how it actually works- cannot be changed by coding, only by a software update or by accessing its current software somehow and modifiying its algorithm.

In other words, if Random is set to a fixed list of songs then no coding will change that, you have to change its programmed algorithm. If the 7-band EQ is only active when Top HiFi is the sound system coded (turned on) then coding will not make the 7-band EQ to be functional with HiFi or Stereo sound system, you will need to change/modify its programmed algorithm.

There are too many members asking for programming changes intead of coding with NCS Expert in this thread, which it is a dangerous thing as sooner or later you will change something that will make you car do something else when you are not expecting it, or worse, it will not do something when your life depends on it.
Appreciate 0