View Single Post
      12-22-2012, 06:13 AM   #80
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

Quote:
Originally Posted by mso4 View Post
I'm pretty sure a Lexus is just as complex as a BMW. My currently '13 GS 350 has park assist, lane departure, magnetic suspension, and a host of things my previous '07 335i didn't have. I've only had it for 5k miles. Yet I'm pretty confident this thing will hold up 10x better than any BMW.

The fact is, BMW is UNABLE to make reliable cars. If they could, don't you think they would. So please stop all this nonsense (cool-aid) about how sophisticated cars are less reliable.

Now knowing all the above, I had a more realistic expectations of my '07 335i when I purchased it. I knew I would visit the dealer often, and that it would not be built like a tank (turbos replaced, fuel pump, and multiple seal leaks). I made sure I had extended warranty. And finally made sure to sell it before the warranty expired (100k mi).

As for that mystic BMW driving dynamic. I'm happy to say Lexus has found the secret in their '13 GS. After driving the GS350 for the past 5 months, I do not miss the 335i at all. It handles just as well as the 335i, but it rides 10x better. I absolutely love it. And knowing I can drive this puppy beyond 100k miles is just icing on the cake.
Nice. I agree. I have had more fun in Pontiacs then I've had in this car. The whole driving dynamic is blown out of proportion. Yes the car drives solid, but if it keeps breaking it's no use anyway.
Thw pay to play comment really annoys me though. We aren't driving forumula one cars here. In some countries they used BMWs as taxis. Just face it, the n54 was a great concept but not for a mass production car.
Appreciate 0