View Single Post
      03-29-2007, 04:04 AM   #19
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Thanks for all the info - I'm not put off (yet!) just more intent on doing it now!!

I haven't spec'd my car with bluetooth - I was intending on using the Nokia CK-7W kit, as I know that Soundlinx also do a cable that alows interface between this kit and the steering wheel buttons.

Do you know if it would be possible to run this interface unit alongside the soundlinx unit allowing allowing track and volume adjustment for aftermarket headunits from the steering wheel buttons as well?

Ideally what I'd like to do is to run a similar (if not identical) navigation/media set up to your own (utilising steering wheel controls for volume and track etc) alongside a CK-7W bluetooth kit (also using the steering wheel buttons for call accept, hang-up etc) with the audio from the calls routed through the car speakers.

With your knowledge of the wiring/adapters etc, does this sound do-able to you? Do you have Bluetooth in your car (or plan to?)

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0