View Single Post
      06-02-2009, 04:59 PM   #10
munu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 Msports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamshi View Post
BTW.....are you the first owner of the car??

In that case BMW offers extended warranty on the vehicle.....I guess.....

and FYI....there is no single extended warranty which is backed by BMW.....I tried to get it CPOed too.....but the dealer quoted me ~$2500...but that warranty lasts for 2 more years or 100 k....

so i haven't even CPOed by car since its just at 34k and on average i can spend ~$1250 for repairs if something goes wrong with it..(not the maintanence items..mind you.... ..)...

IMPORTANT: IT DEPENDS ON UR VEHICLE HISTORY TOO....IF YOUR CAR HAS A CONSIDERABLE NUMBER OF REPAIRS SO FAR....MAY BE YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT BUYING EW....

Vamshi, I am not the first owner of the car. What I heard is that in Florida BMW does not provide extended warranty. Fields BMW in Orlando uses some National warranty company.

I just have little over an year left on my warranty and I am planning to keep the car for maybe 3 years atleast so kind of double minded. But based on reply of forum members I think it is not worth it. Maybe I will buy some stock for $2500 and use it for repair whenever needed

Only problem I had so far are related to Brake squeking, HPFP and Turbo lag software issue. Most of these are anyway not covered under extended warranty.

Last edited by munu; 06-02-2009 at 07:15 PM..
Appreciate 0