View Single Post
      04-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
dblrguy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i & 06 330i

Talking Convince me to spend money / Setup question

I知 going to upgrade to 19inch wheels and plan to do some other suspension upgrades at the same time. I doubt I will be able (read allowed) to get everything I want at one time. I致e already compromised this list down quite a bit. I need to know if I知 going the right way with this. Right order, right parts, can I do this in stages as listed, or any other constructive comments?

I知 currently running a 2010 335i FBO+meth on stock sport suspension. Planning to go with 19x9 and 19x10 wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sports.
I have the Koni yellows with H&R sport springs on my other e90 and I知 happy with them. Every time I drive the wife痴 car (a '06 330i) I want to upgrade my suspension.

Shopping list (Stage 1):
Wheel & Tire Package (Wheels for look, tires for grip)
Koni Yellows (liked the change on my 330i when ditching rft's)
H&R Sport springs (works well with koni yellows, would love JRZ or better setup but cant afford it)
M3 Strut bar kit
M3 Front control arm kit (TRW)
M3 Rear kit (TRW)

------With DIY labor I知 at about $4,900 for the parts listed above.--------

I also want to add (Stage 2):
LSD (I know everyone says to do this first but this was the best way for me to split up the cost, and I really guess I don't drive as hard as many here cause I don't have the traction problems many here talk about. Maybe I'm just smooth )
Hotchkis F & R sways (because they come with adjustable end links)
M3 Subframe bushings
DEFIV diff lockdown

-----Add $4,300 for these parts = $9,200.

Did I forget any important parts for either stage? Do I need camber plates? Is this the correct order to do everything? Please chime in with any suggestions.

I知 aware my list may look short, I have added hardware kits and alignment cost into the pricing listed above. I have spent at least 8 hours reading suspension threads in the last few days, looking for more confirmation that I知 going the right way with this. I'm building this car to be ready for a turbo upgrade when I no longer need it as my DD in a couple of years.

THANKS!
Appreciate 0