Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-IT View Post
Quasimodem did you not try calling your credit card co to increase your limit?
In most cases they are more than willing to get you to spend more!
Well it occurred to me. But sometimes I learn more when I suffer (not that I suffered much). I am good, drinking my cappucino with a few gallons in the tank: coffee and diesel is all I need.
I only put a few gallons because I didnt want to drive to my favorite Shell station on my reserve which charges about $4.10 per gallon. I had to go to a nearby Shell station which charges $4.40 per gallon (what a rip!). Which reminds me, I have never seen fuel prices vary so much from station to station as diesel prices. Strange.
@hotrod: You may be correct about the hpfps being the source of problems running out of fuel. IMHO Diesels have been using hpfps longer than gas engines, so the fact that that manual pump was present in the diesel may have been more of a function of the pump than the fuel. I guess it would be a good idea to do some research on how to properly restart a modern car with direct fuel injection sometime.
Speakers: CDT Audio HD-42 comps--front doors (RAAMmat deadened), CDT ES-06 6.5" woofers--kickpanl Pods, Hertz EBX202R dual 8" ported trunk sub. Amps: Phoenix Gold RSd 500.4 (comps & pods). PG RSd 600.1 (sub). Power & Ground: 4AWG Streetwires w/RockFosgt RFDB1 distro blocks. Input: HU lineout--Kicker KISL RCA adapters--RockFosgt RFIT-6 cables--Audiocontrol Matrix--Monster cables--RSd 500.4--lineout Monstr Cabl to RSd 600.1.
Appreciate 0