View Single Post
      04-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #23
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
To continue this thread, I was fully expecting to receive a summons, but instread received the attached yesterday. I'm being asked to provide some evidence that I needed a hire car (particularily such an expensive one).

If the truth be known, I had no control over the hire car, the TT was waiting for me when I dropped off my Zed at the bodyshop. The Claims Management Company sorted it all out for me - I guess on a 'like for like' basis - or as close to as possible.

Now here's the thing, the Solicitor who sent this letter, share the same premises as the Claims Management Company, so are obviously in cahoots, or at least splitting the spoils from this whole debarcle. Can I just call this Solicitor and refuse to answer their questions (politely of course) and tell them to speak to the CMC next door and let them sort it between them. I'm being asked to justify something I didn't ask for.

Yes, I did need a hire car, whilst I have access to another vehicle, it's not practical. Did I need a TT, NO, but I'd have been mightly pissed off in a Corsa.

Do I simply play ball until they go away or start being an awkward sod as I seem to be doing all the running. Oh, they didn't enclose a copy of the 'defence' but will hold off calling them for a copy until I get a little feedback here.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf legal.pdf (317.3 KB, 87 views)
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0