View Single Post
      10-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #27
Crispy1punch
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 325i 2006

Washer bottle filter

Apparently this is a common fault on these cars, mine is a 325i 2006 bought from a main dealer about 6 months ago, water pump working fine and a trickle of water coming out of the jets, headlamp ones are fine, I phoned BMW booked it in for them to have a look at, they said probably the filter but bring it down and they will investigate, wanted car for two hours presumably to charge two hours of labour at £90 per hour, they said they have to remove the bottle from under the wheel arch and clean filter so on and so forth, they said it is not covered under warranty and is chargeable even though I have only had the car 5 months, they said I would need to get their sales dep to pay for it but be prepared for a battle

Read a few more reviews on here and someone said put a Calgon tab in and leave for a bit, so I thought I would give it a go, I also finished topping up the water bottle with very hot tap water, blew into the water bottle itself and also removed the pipe that feeds water to the washer jets and blew down it resulting in loads of bubbles coming in to the water bottle, if you havnt got great lungs like me lol try using a small football pump and pop it into the rubber tube and pump for dear life, Worked a treat for me and the washers are working better than they ever did. Hope this helps

Great tip and try it before putting it in to your main dealer, some dealers will charge and some reading other reviews don't, just depends on who your main dealer is.
Appreciate 0