View Single Post
      08-14-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
bloosevert
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Questions RE CDC+MP3 (e90 330i)

I have a very early e90 330i SE – august 2005. Spec included iDrive with widescreen nav, bluetooth and audio aux in, but only basic stereo (which is a bit muddy sounding but ok as far as I’m concerned). I found the single CD slot a bit limiting, so bought a OEM CD changer from a breakers (#65126977759-01), managed to connect it up to the MOST thingy, and got my local BMW indy to code it (and apply all updates) for £50. This works great for audio CDs, but ideally I want to get all (4gb+) of my music in the car and be able to play it via the iDrive controls.

I have tried burning loads of MP3 cds for the changer using different media, diff settings, etc – and no matter what I do the iDrive will not recognise them. I have a suspicion that the iDrive itself might not be able to recognise MP3’s and that the CD changer is ok – has anyone for any experience in this area / possible fixes?

Ultimately I’m thinking Dension gateway 500, but I don’t want to go down that route to find out the iDrive itself won’t play the MP3s.

Can anyone help?
Appreciate 0