View Single Post
      01-10-2011, 10:33 PM   #196
chef_geek
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Not to sound like a broken record because obviously everyone who's dealt with Irv has been extremely pleased, but I thought I'd submit my own testimony.

I live within 10 minutes of a BMW dealer who just recently built a brand new facility. After about a year and a half to two years futzing around with getting a new car, I finally decided on a 335D. This is my first BMW and I decided to combine the purchase of the car with a vacation...European Delivery. I asked my local dealer how many they do since it can be a little complicated. They said they do about 10/year. I asked my CA to quote me the car with my requirements at the same time I was communicating with Irv who I had found through recommendations on these forums. Remember, he is several states away from me and we've never met. After talking with him, it wasn't even a question who I'd go with. He was going to give me the car for over $2300 less than the local dealer. One of the biggest issues I have with Customer Service today is communication and response times. Not a problem with Irv. Any question I had either on the phone or email was promptly replied to within 1 to 2 business days. The paperwork for the car? Not a problem with Irv. Next day FedEx envelops with prepaid envelops already addressed back to him. It couldn't have been easier. I got all of the discounts and financing promotions BMW was offering, saved over $2,000 and I did it from the comfort of my own home.

I went on my ED vacation, had a blast, and didn't need to worry at all about any background paperwork or something going wrong because even if it did, Irv had my back. I also decided to couple my ED with the Performance Center Delivery. To do that required a little luck due to scheduling of the car shipment, customs, and the fact I wanted to do a 1-day car control class the day after I took re-delivery. I was worried but Irv and the fine folks down in Greenville, SC took care of my wife and I. Flawless. After BMW wined and dined us at the delivery center where we got to thrash their cars, mine was waiting outside, fresh and clean on display for all driving by could see.

BMW is an awesome brand. So far I feel like a million bucks driving around in my car and I love it. I just wish Irv was closer because I know I'd get the best warranty work on my car and service as I did buying the car. Irv doesn't leave you high and dry just to get a quick sale. He develops a relationship. That's rare.

Summary:
Local Dealer 10 ED's/year vs. Irv's 10 EDs/month
Local Dealer $2300+ for the same car as what Irv was going to give me
Local Dealer's communication factor 2 vs. Irv's of 9
Local Dealer's attitude factor 0 vs. Irv's of 10 (especially for after sale relationships)

PS: I have pictures but I'm on business travel at the moment. If you want to see any, shoot me a PM. ED in Munich on to northern Italy and Switzerland. PCD in Greenville, SC with a one day car control class.

335D: Deep Sea Blue, Chestnut Brown w/ aluminum trim, Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Cold weather Pkg, Nav, Comfort Access.

ED: 7/12/10
PCD: 9/22/10
Appreciate 0