View Single Post
      02-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #30
DunkinV
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335d Carbon Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by montr View Post
I am due tomorrow to take my car to the dealer. This is my 3th injector failure on the same cylinder.

I now think it could be carbon or it could be a software issue with the DDE mixture adaptation after the last update. Twice, the SES did turn ON after a long trip on the highway (~200 miles, 37 mpg) and with some idle hesitations. Three to four days later, driving in the city (25 mpg) with spirited driving, the SES light did turn itself OFF and the idle hesitations are gone.

Either, the spirited driving clear up the carbon in the intake or the mixture adaptation after driving in the city clear the problem.
Your symptoms sound like mine. I would routinely see rough idle come and go, and SES was usually persistent but once or twice disappeared before I got it to the dealer.

My post just above got long so the TL;DR is that my experience suggests the carbon issue and injector issues are not necessarily related.

You might suggest to your SA that you've heard on e90post of cases where repeated injector failures were ultimately diagnosed as a DDE failure, and ask they open a PUMA case with BMW for advice. It took me a year to get the DDE fix.
Appreciate 0