mmmmQuattro
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: f83 / E93 335 / E70 X5 40d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingClifton View Post
IMHO....the Michelin Pilot Sport runflats on my LCI 320d Sport, even with 18" wheels, ride really well. I don't feel the ride is overly harsh except with particularly bad potholes (then you really feel it ;-) )

I moved from a VE HSV with 19" rims and regular tyres to the 320d and the ride is substantially smoother and more refined. It's also better than I recall my Audis ever being (even on 17s)

We keep hearing that runflat technology is improving, but I would be interested to drive the same car with ordinary tyres.
We have 18"s on the 320 wagon and that rides a lot better than the 19"s on the convertible. The convertible is the only car that I have ever bought that I feel has too harsh a ride.
I thought that I was getting old, but it is seriously bad.
I will be installing some coil-overs at some stage and may just ditch the runflats. Runflats also don't have the grip required when you run the ProCede Stage 3
I had 19"s on my E46 convertible and even though it was lowered on sports springs, it still felt better (not much although) than the new 335 convertible.
Appreciate 0