View Single Post
      09-07-2013, 08:15 AM   #39
Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i N55 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton1017
I actually have 4 pairs of grilles in my garage as I can't make up my mind on which ones I want. I have the OEM chromes (i never use it anymore), gloss black, matte black and carbon fiber.

Just went from matte black to gloss black to carbon fiber and now back to matte black again.

Matte black on a black car gives it a bit of contrast which is always nice to have. Some people think it looks "unfinished" because of the matte finish, but when I feel like the gloss black grilles on a black car makes it look like something is missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skhmund View Post
So I lost one of the 4 Torx screws, it fell down the hood latch opening. I am going to try to fish it out with a magnet, but does anybody know where that passage leads to? And also, is it dangerous to leave the screw in there?
On my e92, the torx screws are what aligns my bumper, grilles and the hood in harmony. Without one of them, a gap will appear or a part of the bumper will stick out. I would go to the dealership and pay $1 or something for one asap.
Thanks man, will do. Doubt I can find this kind of screw at local hardware store?
Appreciate 0