View Single Post
      07-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #16
John320d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d E93

Hey, you kids I am 77 this month. I am happy as larry, whoever he was. I grew up in the blitz. We lived next to Trafford Park Ind. Est. and Manchester docks which was the biggest industrial complex in Europe at the time. So you can imagine the Lufftwafe was especially interested in where I lived at the time lol. So I look around and read about poverty stricken families and I have to smile. We knew real poverty, but as kids you did not know any different because friends and neighbours were in the same boat.Seemed to be a different breed of people then, help one another etc. Nowadays, from where I stand
it appears to be me me me. I came from a large family, eight aunts and uncles which gave me too many cousins to count, but what a cracking time we had as teenagers and early twenties. Two or three weddings a year. Now unfortunately it is funerals coming thick and fast. But as they say thats life. So while you have got it, enjoy it. Sorry to inflict my reminiscing on you. Good luck everybody.
Appreciate 0