View Single Post
      05-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #36
duckJAI
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sport Line

I'm not nit-picking about interior or lack of quality in build, but specifically looking at what is going to cost me more at the end of the life of the vehicle.

I'm prepared to take either vehicle to the track, with a set of some good suspension and semi-r compound tires so road noise is not a bother, as to rawness.

Having a car that can perform when I want/need it do, and being reliable is more of the purpose of the vehicle. Not really interested in status and image, I just want something I can kick around town and take to the track when I get the itch, but be reliable when I need to go to work.

Weekend warrior type car.

Both have amazing aftermarket support, and the N54 does have slightly more potential than the boxer engine, and is more compliant when pushed to the limits.

My main worry with the BMW is once i start to enjoy the car, the small little things will start to malfunction and the windows, or locks and other annyoing things will start to break and add up. Waterpumps going at 70-90k, turbos, wastegates and injectors start acting up etc etc.
Appreciate 0