View Single Post
      12-15-2008, 02:16 PM   #100
Borsig
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: '09 335i ///M-Sport

interesting thoughts halston.

I know the stock "amp" in my GTO was awful.

When is the ETA on the stage 2 (amp)? I assume the design incorporates some sort of "surround" processor to be compatible with the L7 system?

I suppose you could always add it later, if there would be any savings to be had, would you perhaps offer a discount of some sort to those who bought the stage I?

I ususally find the Sound quality of stock amps to be poor when driven hard. Frankly I find the L7 system lacking in clarity and drivability at higher volumes.

My plan is to update the 8's under the seat, amp them, and replace the speakers and amp those as well. Im just trying to decide what is the best product for my needs. I have no desire for any "boom".

I have JL's in my GTO, 2 8's in the rear decklid and 6.5s in the cabin. Driven by alpine amps. A monoblock for the 8's and a 4 channel bridged to six for the cabin speakers. People can't belive that I have only a pair of 8's in the rear shelf, in factory replacement configuration. Its probably the best "sock stealth" system we've ever done here, (My best friend is a pro - used to work for Freeman's in Charlotte) and they did a number fo GTO's using mine as a demo car. Requiem for a dream is simply awe inspiring on the GTO's system.

I expect BETTER from the BMW as there are more points and a center for a surround effect. The thing that worries me is the 4" driver compared to the 6.5 of the GTO.
Appreciate 0