View Single Post
      02-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #358
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ritz View Post
So I am being told now that my ULF alone will not work with out a TCU if I want bluetooth.

not sure where to go from here. I was told I either pick up a TCU to piggy back with the ULF or just get a combox.
You're posting back and forth across a couple of different topics, it's hard to keep track. For verbosity, what's your exact setup? iDrive yes? Year? (It helps to have your car under drives: in your profile, but in this case it wouldn't be a huge help anyway).

The MULF is definitely sufficient for BT and USB. The TCU will also do them, with support for BMW Apps, though is much more expensive. The combox is the mac daddy (USB audio, A2DP BT streaming), but only available for iDrive.

Who's telling you the MULF won't cut it? they're most likely either mistaken or lying to you for money, or else getting a more specific reason they believe that would be helpful.

Anyway, I definitely got hung up on coding the car with 2URAD and 2MULF, so they could be just stuck and looking for an answer, but if that's the case, there are other discussions where solutions have been worked out (look through my post history, there are a couple of threads).
Appreciate 0