09-21-2013, 01:38 AM   #1259
lukasbmw
Beach Bum
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i / 2005 C55

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSEN820 View Post
lukasbmw After your review I am seriously thinking about doing this to my car as well.

How long have you had Alpina software flash installed?

I noticed you mentioned Drive mode is a little different with low rpm's for economy mode. Is it still OK to have it in regualr drive mode. I normally have my car in this D mode on the freeway and regualr driving. Although it would be nice to have the rest of the featues for a track day and the occasional spirited driving.

Any feedback would be great.
Jackson flashed my car about 2 months ago.

The car is definitely still OK in drive mode. My only "issue" is between the faster shifts and re-programing, when you take off at an "average" to "slow" rate in D, the car accelerates through the gears and almost feels like a CVT transmission. The tach bounces from 1750-2250rpm and the gears change so fast, before you know it, you are doing 40mph in D6. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it just feels a bit "unnatural" and it's not what I'm used to.

Floor it in "D" and the only difference is the faster shifts (which mean you go faster)!

Here is a quick and (kinda shitty) video I made trying to show how the software performs:

Here is a acceleration video. I have the car in Sport mode so you can get an idea for how fast the car shifts:
2004 SL600 - Sold
1999 540i - Sold

Last edited by lukasbmw; 09-21-2013 at 01:45 AM..
Appreciate 0