05-24-2009, 01:38 AM   #8
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK View Post
Weird. Is this the same 300+ HP TL SH-AWD that beat the 335i around the track in some of the early magazine reviews? Now it's in 4th place in this group and takes 6.5 seconds to get to 60? That doesn't sound right.

FWIW, when I test drove back in 06, the TL 6MT was disappointing, but I thought the driving dynamics of the new one were supposed to be much improved. The G35 I drove (these were the days prior to the G37), was closer to the BMW 3-series "feel" than any of its other competitors.
BK, it was a prototype of the 6MT version of the SH-AWD (due in a couple of months) that achieved the feat. I know the transmission sounds quite a tiny excuse for its poor numbers but it is my opinion that Acura do some of the best manuals and most of the worst automatics in the market today (Coming from a self confessed Honda admirer).

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0