View Single Post
      10-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #36
Kabloonakbo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

M5 Disappointed

I just picked up my 2013 M5 from Calgary BMW and found nasty brake squeal on my 3rd day of driving. Sadly my $125k ultimate driving experience sounds like an old school bus when stopping. Perhaps they should have amped up the engine sound in the speakers a bit louder to mask the weak brakes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmcclane View Post
I absolutly agree with you, so you are not alone out there.
Since there will be an ASD even in upcoming M3/4 I sadly believe there is no hope for the future, but there is hope that it can be turned off. In a german forum I've read about some changings on the setup so you can normally use your sound system in the M135i and the ASD is turned off. But the thread is already deleted ... maybe it was against the forum rules.

I don't like fake tits neither...
I do not really care what others say, I want the car for myself and that should be a real M car like the older ones, but modern and with 4 doors. (M2 Gran Coupé)

I understand that a turbo car can't sound as good as a normal aspirated, but the 1M doesn't had this bullsh*t and a lot people fuckin love this car, there are other ways to improve the sound, for example the sound tunnel which was used in the old Z4.

PS: or just threw the turbos out and everyone's happy
Appreciate 0