Rep
Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvino
Here is a little retrofit that you can do to add the rear power outlets that don't come with the US cars

I got my part from crown BMW for $14.95

this is the ONLY part that you need! I got 2 plug-in and 2 stoppers and I have to return them because the part comes with them allready
I just heard from JD @ Crown wrt covers...

It seems that the beige covers turned up complete with sockets and plugs, as Calvino had received, while the gray and black ones did not (i.e. just the cover, plugs and sockets an optional $46 value option?). Its a suspected production run discrepancy (i.e. possibly Calvino and other beige interior owners lucked out ). Part numbers and prices remain correct.

Now JD has been on the horn with BMW Technical and BMW AG and they insisted (as well) that the gray and black ones should come complete with sockets and plugs

To cut a long story short, JD is in the midst of sorting this issue out to ensure that the ordered parts (by us) will come with the appropriate 12V sockets and plugs (just as Calvino had received) so that we don't have to pay extra (we can't have Calvino have all the fun now, can we? )

Again, much credit to JD and the Crown team for looking out for us and our wallets

Thanks for the update and communication.

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0