09-27-2007, 08:14 AM   #54
vbb
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambonator View Post
This thread is going to be a classic
It sure started out that way, but I don't think the OP will come back to this thread.

We all know dealerships are in business to make money, which is why most people don't have a problem paying more than invoice price for their vehicle. But people certainly get offended (and rightfully so) when dealerships just blatantly try to rip people off. That's not a good business practice, and that type of activity is what gives car dealers a bad name. I can remember going to an Acura dealership years back and looking at the RSX-S. It was early 2004 and they had a left over 2003 demo with the factory aero kit and other options installed, and 4,000 miles, and they were trying to sell it for more than a brand new 2004 model. So this practice must be pretty common. And for dealerships to think they can get away with that, there must be people out there that buy these cars for somewhere near their asking price. I feel sorta sorry for those poor suckers.