View Single Post
      04-30-2011, 07:41 PM   #56
Nightfly
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09' E93

Just a quick note of thanks to all the thread contributors (especially Technic) for covering this issue so well.

I, like others ran into the problems after going through the HPFP campaign. I did my homework here, called my SA and presented him a copy of the thread. I like my guy a lot and while "on the record" he said he couldn't use it as source material for diagnostics, "off the record" he asked to keep the printouts.

Apparently mine was the first vehicle they've had that needed the recoding (again, off the record, he suspects there are others but the owners just don't know it) Since I was the 'beta' test for the shop, it took a little longer to complete the work, but once done, everything is back to normal. (BTW - I do like having the music collection 'random' checkbox now able to be set as a softkey selection)

A little social engineering hint for anyone getting blowback from their dealer on covering the repair: Let them know you're not blaming them for the problem, it was BMWNA's poor roll out and procedure implementation. Make it clear you appreciate their efforts to clean up BMWNA's mess.

Thanks again e90post'ers !
Appreciate 0