04-12-2012, 04:33 AM   #50
foxy-367
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaishang View Post
I have to admit, if it was police/ambulance behind me and I had to pull out through a red light.... the first thing I would check is if there is a camera there.

Although to clear it up: to be prosecuted for a camera detected offense (in general, not if there is an emergency vehicle behind you) you must have crossed the solid stop line while the light is red *and* proceeded all the way through the intersection, is that correct?
No cos the traffic light cameras only flash once to prove you were over the line. I have read people trying to argue they were reversing back yet still got the points and fine. It'd deffo be worth a court appeal though if you got a NIP through for that.

There was a coach going up the A55 this morning and a Police Motorbike appeared behind me I think he got impatient next thing you know blues and twos got us both out of the way and shot off. Did move the coach for me though too

Now - E90 320d M Sport, Le Mans Blue, sun protection glass, Auto lights and wipers, 193M, a big grin
Previous - Seat Leon FR, Golf Gttdi (x2), Mk3 Fiesta SI, E30 318i Peugeot 205 Roland Garros, Mk2 Fiesta Ghia (it had a rev counter!!!!)
Appreciate 0