View Single Post
      05-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #6
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
+100000000000000

I for one as a n52 owner welcome new performance upgrades BUT I don't hold my breath nether. Just accept the fact your n52 is a solid reliable motor and there are pretty decent and credible options out there, ie BMW Performance bolt-ons and AA tune. It seems silly to hold out and remain wishful for anything more; you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Furthermore I bet most of you wouldn't even bother buying anything even if MWW came out with something like headers or a sc kit. Why?

a) you've read a thread from credible sources how catless headers on the n52 didn't yield significant improvement over stock (can't find the link but there was once a n52 race car build thread where the owner mentioned their testing showed catless headers didn't yield enough gains to justify the cost)

b) even if there is a header option, most of you will not want to bother with a hack job of an install.

c) if it is bolt-on, go back to point A and weigh the cost and you then still have to worry about CEL, passing SMOG, etc.

d) Supersprint already offers SS catless headers!

e) in the case of a SC kit, we saw how ARMA turned out and seeing how MWW hasn't really won anyone over with tangible/proven/positive updates or results, would you really want to spend $x,xxx hoping "this time it'll be different?"

Seriously, $400 and 10-12hp gain for a n/a motor by a reputable tuner was huge in my books. To expect or want anything more with perfect fitment, no longevity issues, and long-term customer support is really reaching imo.