View Single Post
      06-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #107
yafool
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansj01 View Post
My 2010 335D just had an SES diagnostic saying #4 had a failed fuel injector at 57k. Warranty expired at 50k. The dealer wants $1300 to fix. This is my first Bimmer and it goes without saying that it will definitely be my last! The only other vehicle I have ever owned with a fuel injector problem was a Nissan Maxima back in 1996 that had 54k on it and and Nissan stepped up and replaced ALL of my injectors free of charge. I would expect a 2010 BMW to have better quality control than this! Hell, the 1999 Mercedes SLK my wife just sold had 193k on it and we never did a thing to it other than change the oil. Doesn't say much for BMW!

I intend to advertise my BMW experience in the Twin Cities's major newspaper's "classified" section next to the new BMW classified ads for a few months so others can be informed of this quality control problem. It will likely only dissuade 30 or 40 people from buying a new Bimmer but it gives me peace of mind that I did the right thing.
Hi Hansj01, If the code is specifying fault in the injectors, the injectors are covered under emissions warranty, which is 70k, not 50k. This is documented in your warranty booklet. Id go back and ask for your money back....
Appreciate 0