Island Road
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwnTrboCAT1212 View Post
Hey guys, I'm also plagued with the awful wastegate rattle...it sounds just like the video that the OP posted and I really cannot take it anymore...Only problem is I'm WAY out of warranty and currently have 82K miles on my 335...what are the chances that I could have my turbo's replaced or at least the problem somehow fixed even being out of warranty? I believe my car does fall under the time period or warrantied cars with this problem but the fine print Ive read says the warranty is only covered for a car up to 80K miles or 8 years...whichever comes first...I'm tuned and the car still seems to pull as hard as it did when I first got the tune but the sound has been there for a year now. Any input appreciated. Thanks,

~Chris~
The warranty is good for 82k miles, so i would get into a dealership ASAP just so at the minimum its documented at that millage. Normally BMW is fairly good with fixing an issue if it has a past history and has been a problem at a previous mileage.

Thanks for everybody's input, seems as though there are a ton of mixed reviews though. I thought for sure Peabody was going to the dealer i should be trying next even in other threads within NE users have suggested it. As of right now there was a problem with my car after i recevied it back form Herb Boston last week. I am taking it in today for a clicking sound when i turn the wheel and boost leak throwing crazy codes all happened right after i picked up my car. Very frustrating at the moment hopefully they can correct it without giving me the run around as this was not an issue before i brought in my car

I can say after this i will no longer be going with Herb, at this point I plan on just contacting BMWNA. I think i will be trying the RI inskip dealership or Sudbury dealership next based on a few positive reviews for the WG rattle warranty. I cant believe its this hard to obtain an honest dealership.
Appreciate 0