04-24-2011, 01:55 AM   #3
08Bwags
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy View Post
It's a high possibility I will be attending University at Buffalo for 2 years (or 6 years if I get into their PharmD program) and I'm planning to bring my car up there with me.

I was wondering if I have to worry about anything. Will I have to worry about the snow? From what I've read, Buffalo does a pretty good job in snow cleaning as the snow hits.

Also, since the south campus (downtown Buffalo) is where most of the party scene is, will I be able to have a clear consciousness that nothing will happen to my car? I know that downtown Buffalo isn't the safest place to be, which is why I'm wondering. Anything else I need to know would be appreciated it.
I live in Rochester and my 2 best friends attend UB south campus and Live right down the street ( w. Northrup pl) Winters are brutal but with snow tires and AWD you will be in better shape then most honestly. As for the city...LEAVE YOUR CAR AT HOME! Im there a lot weekends and I personally would never drive my car around there let a lone park it there. There are some serious scumbags at south campus. You might get away with little door dings and bumper scuffs and such on campus for parking but party wise off campus...kiss your car goodbye. Ive seen people throw beer cans/bottles at cars right in the street. The most common...people will find the nicest car (BMW esp.) and pee right on it like a tree. My friend who lives there drives an Altima coupe and will only drive his winter beater there and leave his ALTIMA back here in Rochester. I feel like thats saying something.
I'm not sure if you plan on living on campus but if you do, your odds are a lot better if you keep your car there on campus. Ride with a friend or take the drunk bus to partys and such. OR if you have a beater by all means take that and save your beautiful BMW
Appreciate 0