View Single Post
      03-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #59
dadasracecar
Banned
Rep
Drives: '06 Mazdaspeed6

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc335 View Post
This has been explained many times before by others more qualified than me. A boost gauge reads the true intake manifold pressure, while the procede reader is reading the sensor in the intercooler charge pipe BEFORE the throttle body. So, if the throttle body closes some, then there will be a pressure gradient and the two will not be equal. This is why you see a pressure spike when datalogging during shifts because the throttle body closes and causes increased pressure in the intercooler charge pipe.

I'll turn on valet mode and do a datalog of that so we can compare the "stock" boost curve to the PROcede boost curve. But, it'll have to wait until this weekend. I'll drive around a little bit first to let the ECU adapt. It should be interesting...
The throttle body closing pressure spike happens when the TB closes abruptly - like in a shift when you lift off of the pedal. That's why you see the spike in the cp-e boost log graph.

The PROcede graph shows a boost pressure climb to 16 psi and holding there before dropping off. That is not TB related.

I can't wait to see your datalog.
Appreciate 0