02-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #96
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsjay
Considering changing my fluid ('08 335xi) in the near future and would really like to flush all the fluid, not just a drain and fill.

I found this posting online and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to do something similar with my car?

Also wondering why nothing is ever this easily accessible on any car I have ever worked on? :-)
I wouldn't do that. 1) we don't have a dipstick; and 2) wouldn't want to run the transmission dry in case you either are not pumping fluid fast enough into the transmission or one of the hoses on your hand pump disconnects and there you are, with trans fluid not being pumped into the transmission, on your back, panicking. Just drain and fill once then again after 5k if you are worried about the torque converter oil or take it to a transmission shop.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger

Last edited by Chriztofor; 02-09-2012 at 11:23 AM..
Appreciate 0