astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by walbjj View Post
with the rise in carjackings in australia and notably sydney, and especially high profile cars such as porsches and bmws (m6 a few days ago, the dentist and her 330, and a few others), does it concern any people here.

i know we shouldnt let the criminals dictate our lives, and if u live in a fairly good area, then ur a little bit safer, but these guys r following the owners to their houses. thats some serious shit.

i dont think it would make me change my mind about car ownership, but its something to consider
anyone who notices they are being followed would be absoloutely stupid to turn into their driveway... seriously... just keep driving and keep your doors locked... when i got crashed into, i didn't get out of my car till i saw the person that crashed into me pull over too, and get out of their car... no brainer though if they are wearing a balaclava though to floor it

i havent driven with my doors unlocked for a few years now.

being in a good area has nothing to do with how safe you are... they guy with the M6 was pulling into his home in bellview hill (or however you spell it), and that's where the guys knocked into him... packer lives in teh same neighbourhood, so it has nothing to do with tehg profile of the area...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAMidge View Post
That's why we have tracking features in our cars and automotive insurance.
that reminds me i should take out some extra insurance when the rest of the parts are installed on my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgr02 View Post
I suppose that's why our cars are equipped with auto door locks. To help incases of Carjacking. Personally, I hate the doors autolocking and I programmed that out. My wife wont drive anywhere without the doors locked.
your wife sounds like me... but then again, i drive through some pretty bad areas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgazer View Post
totally agree..but you can also practice defensive driving, if you are actually driving the car when the car-jacking takes place as opposed to walking to your car....i went to school in detroit, mi and its not exactly the friendliest of places in the us of a. always give yourself ample distance when stopped so that you can have some sort of get-away (ie. dont tailgate and stop bumper to bumper). apart from that, i guess it really comes down to luck of the draw
also helps with avoiding acidents... it had absoloutely saved my ass on a few ocasions