View Single Post
      09-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #8
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
Well, the reaosn why I'm asking is because I actually like the sport suspension on my car. I do a lot of freeway driving and I don't want to be bumping around everywhere.
I think I'm going to upgrade to the performance suspension which use the same springs as sport, but that's about it.

If I can upgrade the way the car feels throughout the turns without messing with the feel in a straight line then I'll be happy.

One can adjust the amount of body roll with spring rates(this is what most of the racers do) and use only anti-roll bars to fine tune the balance, but that also means a bumpy ride on the rough surfaces.

The other option is to limit body roll with a balanced set of anti-roll bars. Ride quality is retained in this case. However, one can go too far with anti-roll bar that is too large and casue either end of the vehicle to loose traction. In the case of the E9x cars, adding a too stiff rear anti-roll bar only can cause the inner rear tire to lift and loose traction, and that is bad news especially without a good LSD.

Hope this helped!

Harold
Appreciate 0