View Single Post
      02-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #13
robc1976
DIYER
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
Sounds like a pinhole leak to me. Look at your fittings first, particularly the ones highest in the engine compartment. Check where you first see the oily residue and see if you can locate the source of the leak. If it starts at the very uppermost part of the lines, it's likely the fittings going into the oil filter housing. My first leak was at the fitting entering the cooler at the bottom side. 2nd leak was the same line, due to it rubbing against the T-clamp where my ETS intercooler connected with the piping from the turbos. Cut right through the nylon braid and into the hose itself.

I recommend being careful on how/where your intercooler clamp is positioned, and also making sure you don't have excess line length that would cause it to loop up in that area. Several well-placed tie-wraps will keep the two lines together and prevent one of them from interfering with any other components when crossing behind the radiator/fan and past the intercooler plumbing.
Mine is nowhere near the intercooler so I am good there...the line gets wet by the fitting for sure then travels down, there there must be another leak after the thermostat because it is leaking (lines getting weak) near the fitting after the thermostat.
JB4 G5, Stage 3 LPFP, Stage 2 MOTIV PI, VM 6466 ST, Custom OCC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2, DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid SF bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, M3 fenders, M3 OEM sideskirts, Mtech rear bumper, CSL trunk, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0