View Single Post
      03-01-2008, 11:10 PM   #17
2007_E93
Captain
Rep
Drives: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterns View Post
Looks like the way to go would be to figure out how to connect the new sensor to the original wiring where the OEM sensors would have been.
I disagree. As far as I know the OEM microwave door sensor is not prewired in the US cars (thus no wire to tap into). I have recently purchased the Wiriing Diagram System off of e-bay and expect it to be here soon. I will have the ENTIRE cars wiring for both EU and US models as well as location of modules and labeled wires and pins. (at least thats what I think I'm buying,..LOL). Will see if wiring is there or not. This still doesn't solve the problem as the 508D sensor I used is not a microwave sensor. Also, the (EU version) microwave sensors are in each door and are generally blocked by metal and only sense to the bottom of the seat cushion! Kind of pointless dont you think?

Eitherway, I have figured 4 different ways I think I can make this work. Just trying to K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid). I think option 1 is best/easiest. I will try it in the next few days and repost here.

1) Insert diodes into systems to isolate the hood pin switch and the motion sensor. Initially I didnt think this was needed. Still not sure this will solve problem but its the easiest to do.

2) Relocate the trigger to the tilt sensor. However, I have found some information supporting that the tilt sensor is now BUILT IN to the Siren housing. This may make it harder to isolate the tilt sensor trigger to tap into without setting off alarm everytime I go up/down a hill or hit a big bump while driving.

3) Relocate the 12V power to the car alarm siren power (to cut power to motion sensor with alarm disarming). However, if its like every other piece I have tested with the volt meter then it too will be always on even with car ignition. Will test with voltmeter soon as well.

4) Attach a relay to the RED power lead to the motion sensor so that it cuts power to the motion sensor with car ignition. I have found at least 3 unused fuse slots that are switched on with ignition. This seems the most complex for me.

Wish someone with more knowledge than me on car alarms would give input. Either way, I will figure this damn thing out for sure!
Appreciate 0