View Single Post
      03-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #7028
longliven54
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e90 auto

To what I know and understand, ethanol readily absorbs water, thus the only thing that comes to my mind would be to run water remover to remove moisture(if any) in the fuel lines.
Most gas companies mandate use of a fuel filter inside the pump of gas dispensing unit. So if your fuel is coming out extra slow, it means the pump filters are probably clogged with either debris or water trapped from ethanol.
Rule of thumb, if the gas pump you are using is acting slow-you are better of going somewhere else. It just could be an old filter causing slowdown , but I rather not take chance.
Lately it's been chevron(locally) that's been getting consistent bad gas from past few months. Before that it was Esso. Shell (at least locally don't run any filters in pumps), so no knowing when I am getting bad gas.
JB4 G5 / VRSF IC / STETT CAI / GREDDY / custom exhaust / iRotora cross drilled rotots / snow stage 3 meth / 19" iForged senekas / upgraded speakers n CF woofer box / M3 bits/ DINAN camber plates/ KONI/ megan racing toe arm/ supreme power lowering perch
Appreciate 0