resident girl.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i + 2014 X5

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad bedell View Post
What are you mounting on the car? I need to go see Bruce with my car. He waned to see how close my CSL trunk matched without a blend.

You're a Cannon shooter correct? I seem to think your exif data showed Canon when I looked last month. I'm considering picking up a 16-35l Wife wants a 35l prime. We have 24 and 50mm L glass, but it seems we keep wanting to be some where between that. I told her to use the 24 and shoot with my body, but she doesn't like the full size body. Any thoughts?
I'm getting an M3 rep front. Probably back, too, but one thing at a time, haha.

I need to lower the damn car, too. It's embarrassing.

And yes, I'm a Canon shooter. I absolutely LOVE the 16-35L. Hands down my favorite lens. I do a lot of wide angle, though. You'll be using it on a full frame sensor, right? If you're wanting to go wide on a crop sensor, check out the Tokina 11-16 2.8. That's what I used to use on my backup 7d body when the 16-35 wasn't cutting it. I've also used their 16-28 2.8 on the 5d and I would actually say that it is almost indistinguishable from the 16-35L as far as image quality is concerned (build quality of the L is where your extra ~$500 is going). I have image samples from all of those lenses on a variety of bodies if you're interested.

I don't use wide angle much for car photography (mostly due to lens distortion under 24mm). I usually use the 24-70 or 24-105 for cars and people. But for dogs it's wide angle or go home

One thing to keep in mind on these ultra wide-angle lenses is that filters for the 16-35 are an odd size and are harder to find, and the Tokinas don't take filters at all.

What are you shooting? Landscapes? Animals?

2008 E90 335i // Black Everything // photos
COBB tuned / QTP e-cutouts / Helix FMIC / cp-e DCI / AWE BOVs / Catless / FBO + F15 X5 xDrive35i
Appreciate 0