10-30-2009, 03:20 PM   #9
nlakind
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 | E30 M3 || '51 Ford F1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
You have 21 months and 26K miles on it. Lemon law wont fly. I'd suggest you try a different dealership, you'd be surprised at the level of service variations dealer to dealer. I had these issues and a whole bunch of nasty electrical issues. I called BMWNA Customer service and demanded they get involved. They sent a field rep to look at the car. He was stumped and then asked to have the car taken to a particular dealership and have them deal with it. They fixed it, and treated me like loyalty.

Sounds to me like you have the classic HPFP failure symptoms we have come to know all too intimately. I had your same issues too and that turned out to be the HPFP. And it passed the pressure test every time they checked! Once they replaced it, problem solved!!
that is incorrect, if you have a legit lemon law case, you are eligible to lemon the car!

"Important Consumer Notice: Arbitration is not a requirement for consumers in California to pursue a lemon law claim/case against an automobile manufacturer. Additionally, your lemon law rights extend to the entire new vehicle limited warranty period, which is typically 3 years/36,000 miles, or 4 years/50,000 miles. Don't be mislead by "information" or "instructions" or manufacturer's "lemon law booklets" that a lemon law claim must be filed within 18 months or 18,000 miles, or that you "must" go through Arbitration - this is simply not the case in California! Our lemon law offices will give you all the information you need on how to pursue a lemon law case to get your money back, or a new replacement vehicle."
Appreciate 0