09-27-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
E90335iflyer
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi Q5,BMW 335i, Porsche GT3
Location: JFK, SFO, LAX, NRT, TPE, PVG, HKG, LHR, ATH, MUC, FRA, SIN

Help with suspension mods

Newbie here. Just bought a CPO E90 335i(My first turbo BMW, had an E36 M3 back in the late 90's with just anything you can think of on it) with super low miles for a daily driver to and from work. I currently own a Porsche Boxter Spider(modified) and Nissan GTR(stock), both are weekend cars for me.

I will be doing a lot of reading here for the next few days on what mods I can do to this 335i to make it both handle better and run faster. I am somewhat disappointed at the handling of the 335i even as a daily driver and it can use more power as well. I consider myself a very good driver and run in the advance group with my Porsche. I can withstand a firm but not jarring ride for the 335i and the only reason I got the 335i was the M3 just doesn't get the same gas mileage and the trips I often take will require a stop for gas, which is a hassle. With that being said, I would like the 335i to handle somewhat like the M3, is that possible? I know the Porsche products well, but not this new toy for me. Is there a BMW expert here?

I am new so please take it easy. Informative responses will be appreciated. If you suggest a product, I would appreciate it if you can also tell me why that product in particular and perhaps the positives and negatives as well to help my decision making process. The shops I usually deal with do not carry BMW product so I will also need some suggestions on which vendors to use as well.
Appreciate 0